The Center for Continuing Education of Women is a comprehensive center with three major objectives:
- To help women enter and stay in the mainstream of higher education and professional preparation;
- To help the University eliminate institutional barriers to equity in education and employment; to make issues of equity for women clear and of higher institutional priority;
- To monitor changing issues for women in education and employment and to do research and disseminate findings on these issues.
Services and activities of interest for University use and referral include:
- Individual counseling by appointment and by drop-in.
- Liaison function across all University schools and departments on behalf of adult women undergraduate and graduate students.
- Help with financial emergency assistance for students and annual competitive merit scholarships for women.
- Library of educational and occupational materials, as well as reference and loan materials on women’s lives and issues.
- Data set on women, an adult development research program, and consultation on research especially in areas of women’s education and employment.
- Training of professionals and students preparing for careers in areas relevant to the Center mission and expertise.
|Printable PDF of SPG 301.03||19.93 KB|
Hard copies of this document are considered uncontrolled. If you have a printed version, please refer to the University SPG website (spg.umich.edu) for the official, most recent version.