Military Reserve Duty Pay
Employees shall be granted time off work without loss of their regular compensation or any loss of their fringe benefits in order to participate in Military Reserve or National Guard Training Programs or for service required as a result of civil disorder or other emergency.
Regulations and Definitions
- The time off from work shall be for not more than fifteen (15) working days in any one calendar year.
- The employee’s regular University compensation will be reduced by the amount of base military pay, if any, received for such services. Employees may choose to use accrued vacation time on request to enable them to receive full University pay.
- Compensation received for military travel or subsistence will not be used to reduce regular University compensation.
- Should the release of the employee create a hardship for the department, the supervisor may contact the appropriate Human Resources office for consultation.
- Vacation, sick time accrual shall not be reduced for time spent under the provisions of this policy.
May 16, 2016 update removed Procedures. They may be found at Procedures for Military Reserve Duty Pay
August 28, 2019: Reviewed with no changes.