Applies to: All students, faculty, staff and visitors
- University Housing is an auxiliary unit of Student Life. University Housing is responsible for the management and leadership of university-owned student residence halls and apartments on the Ann Arbor campus of the University of Michigan.
- University Housing residence halls and apartments are secured private residences, not public buildings. Room and board rates are set annually by approval of the University of Michigan Board of Regents. Students enter into a contract with the university to receive various services administered by University Housing. Policies pertaining to residency in University Housing facilities are contained within the requirements, conditions, and restrictions of:
- the legally binding Housing contract with the resident; and
- the Community Living at Michigan handbook, a legally binding adjunct to each Housing contract.
Signing the contract secures the resident’s agreement to abide by the rules, policies and regulations presented in the handbook.
- Dining services at venues located within University Housing facilities are managed directly by Michigan Dining, an auxiliary unit of Student Life.
- Throughout spring and summer terms, a number of University Housing residence halls are utilized for conferences under the management of Conference and Event Services, an auxiliary unit of Student Life.
NOTE: Questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.